Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SKYWARD ACCESS

This is a direct report from PK Yonge:
We have recently opened Skyward’s Family Access for parents and will work to get all families “on board” between now and the winter holidays.  Information is posted on the PKY web site front page and in detail on page: http://www.pkyonge.ufl.edu/modules/cms/pages.phtml?pageid=192057&sessionid=7da04b4a9987481fff362ebc2485181b.  
 
The Family Access User IDs and Password are intended for parent use and are not for students.  Our procedure in place is for the parent to personally come to the Main Office or Admissions Office which picture ID to receive their User ID, Password and have their account activated.   In the mean time, students can view their grades, etc. along side their parents, which could be a really good thing!
 

These are my current observations:
What we see as teachers on SKYWARD is different from what you will see as a parent.  I've already noticed that when I list an assignment, but don't enter the students' grades, that particular grade will show up as "missing" on the parent's log-in side (the assignment will be highlighted).  However, I actually have a special button on my side to check when I am actually missing an assignment from a studentOnce I check that button, it immediately affects the student's assignment grade and overall average for that specific subject.  Otherwise, if I haven't yet entered a grade for a student on a particular assignment (for example: it might be one that I'm in the process of grading or it's blank because a student is in the process of making up the assignment due to being absent, etc...), it will be highlighted on your side, but you will see that your child's grade and average is not affected.   I hope this explanation makes sense as I have not actually seen the parent log-in side.  Please let me know if I can be of any more help.  Our local PK Yonge SKYWARD expert is David Holt, who can be reached at: dholt@pky.ufl.edu. Otherwise, feel free to contact me with your questions.  This is a new system for both teachers and parents, and we are learning together. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment